Timber, the natural choice
- Low Embodied Energy....Timber is the most environmentally responsible building material. It has a very low embodied energy level as it has low production and manufacturing energy requirements and is a net carbon absorber while growing.
- Renewable...Timber is a truly renewable resource, it grows on trees! At Footersville we only use plantation pine in all our pre-fabricated products. Well managed forests can produce timber on a sustained and continuous basis.
- Recyclable.... All timber waste generated in manufacturing is recycled into high density fire wood pellets or soil treatment products
- Safe and strong.... Timber is strong and lightweight making it easy to work with and install. It has a low toxicity and requires minimal special safety precautions. It is non-conductive and provides excellent thermal performance and fire resistance and it won't rust!
Life Cycle Analysis
- LCA in Building and Construction
- Australian Life Cycle Assessment Society
- National AusLCI Initiative
- CORRIM (US LCA site - high timber flavor)